Studying and struggling to start a career as well? If you are a student and tired of being broke, then this blog is the right place for you to start a side job that can help you earn good money and develop a career path for you. In this blog, explore the list of best online jobs for students and find the best fit for you!
Nowadays, many students tend to start jobs during their study period. There could be many reasons to start a job such as facing a financial crisis or having the passion to build one’s career. Whatever the reason might be, it is the best choice to start a career while studying side by side. It helps you to grow professionally and independently. Here are the best online jobs for students that can help you grow your career and earn a good amount of money:
- Online Tutor
- Note Taker
- Freelance Translator
- Virtual Assistant
- Freelance Content Writer
- Freelance Copywriter
- Freelance Proofreader and Editor
- Search Engine Evaluator
- Freelance Video Editor
- Freelance Web Designer
- Freelance Graphic Designer
- Freelance Social Media Manager
- Freelance Social Media Influencer/Brand Ambassadors
- Freelance Voiceover Artist
- Audio Transcriber
- Stock Photographer
- Freelance Website and App Tester
- Freelance Remote Customer Agent
- Data Entry Clerk
- Online Course Creator
- Product Tester
- Amazon Seller
- Freelance Market Researcher
- Freelance Programmer
Learn about the best freelance websites to get started with your freelance career ASAP. You can also explore the most demanding freelance jobs in 2023 that can help you build your career in remote and freelance jobs.
1. Online Tutor
Online tutoring job is popular among students as this job is quite convenient and job timings are also flexible. If you can teach and your communication skills are persuasive then this job is for you!
Some skills that are typically required for online tutoring jobs include:
- Strong communication skills– the ability to effectively communicate with students
- Subject matter expertise – strong understanding of the subject(s) you are tutoring
- Patience and empathy – patience and empathy with struggling students.
- Teaching strategies – Effective teaching strategies that work well in an online setting.
- Time management – Good time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Technological proficiency – Being comfortable with using technology and online platforms.
Platforms Offering Online Tutoring Jobs:
There are many online tutoring jobs available for students both in college and high school. Some popular platforms to find online tutoring jobs include:
- Tutor.com – This platform offers a wide range of subjects to tutor in.
- Chegg – Chegg is a popular online tutoring platform. It hires students to work as tutors.
- Study.com – This platform offers tutoring jobs for high school and college students.
- Varsity Tutors – This platform lets students apply to become tutors for a wide range of subjects.
- Wyzant – Wyzant allows students to find tutors for both in-person and online tutoring sessions.
How much an Online Tutor can earn?
The earnings for online tutoring jobs can vary per the platform, the subject being taught, and the tutor’s level of experience and qualifications. Generally, according to various sources, online tutors can earn from $11-$100 per hour. Some platforms, such as Preply and Tutors.com, report average hourly rates from $18-$50 per hour.
2. Note Taker
If you are a student who loves to take notes of the subjects or it’s habitual for you to create notes, then this online job could be the best fit for you!
Some skills that are usually required for a note-taker job include:
- Excellent listening skills – Active listening skills to capture all the important details from spoken lectures or conversations.
- Strong writing skills – Being able to write quickly to capture all the necessary information.
- Good typing skills – Good typing skills to produce accurate and well–written notes.
- Attention to detail – Be detail-oriented and capture all the relevant information accurately.
- Time management skills – Capture all the necessary notes within the allotted time.
- Knowledge of the subject matter – Strong understanding of the subject matter being discussed.
Platforms Offering to Note Taker Jobs:
Several platforms offer note–taking jobs, including:
- Rev – Rev offers various transcription and captioning services. It also offers note-taking for both live events and recorded videos.
- GoTranscript – GoTranscript offers transcription services for audio and video files.
- StudySoup – StudySoup is an online learning platform that hires note-takers to help create study materials.
- OneClass – OneClass offers note-taking services to students.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is a freelance marketplace that offers a variety of services, including note–taking.
How much a Note Taker can earn?
The earnings of note-taker may depend on the platform they use to offer their services. According to recent data, the average hourly pay for note-takers in the United States ranges from $12 to $25.
3. Freelance Translator
Are you fluent in more than one language? If you are good at learning languages and you have good fluency in more than one language then you can use this skill to make a good earning.
Some skills that are typically required for freelance translators include:
- Advanced language proficiency – Strong command of both the source and target languages.
- Excellent writing skills – Strong writing skills in both the source and target languages to translate written text.
- Strong cultural knowledge – A good understanding of the cultural background for high–quality translations.
- Attention to detail – A keen eye for detail to ensure that translations are accurate and complete.
- Research skills – Translating a subject requires the translator to have robust research skills.
Platforms Offering Freelance Translator Jobs:
Some of the top platforms offering freelance translator jobs include:
- Upwork and Fiverr – Upwork and Fiverr offer many different types of freelance jobs, including translation work.
- Gengo – Gengo hires freelance translators for various language combinations and subjects.
- ProZ.com – ProZ.com is a translation-focused community website offering translation jobs to translators.
- TranslatorsCafe.com – TranslatorsCafe.com offers a variety of job postings for freelance translators.
- Freelancer.com – Freelancer.com also offers numerous translation jobs.
- PeoplePerHour – PeoplePerHour is a UK–based freelancing platform that offers freelance translation jobs.
How much a Freelance Translator can earn?
The earnings of a Freelance Translator may depend on the platform they use to offer their services. According to recent data, the average hourly pay for a freelance translator is $30 per hour.
4. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is an administrative assistant. This job is suitable for students studying in college as it is a flexible job. Students can learn a lot of skills that will help them in their career path as well.
Some skills that are important for virtual assistants include:
- Communication skills – Effective communication with clients and team members through various channels such as email, chat, and video conferencing.
- Organization and time management skills – Time management to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at once.
- Technical skills – Good understanding of commonly used software, communication tools, and online platforms required for work.
- Adaptability – Adaptability to new tools, processes, and situations readily and learn quickly.
- Confidentiality and discretion – Being able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Platforms Offering Virtual Assistant Jobs:
Many platforms offer virtual assistant jobs:
- LinkedIn Jobs
- Simply Hired
- Remote. co
- Assistant Match
How much a Virtual Assistant can earn?
A virtual assistant typically make $5-$25/hour.
If you have any interest about which you can talk about hours, then blogging could be the best job career for you. You can start creating your blogs and make a good earning by posting those blogs.
Some skills that are important for blogging include:
- Writing skills – Strong writing skills, including grammar, spelling, and tone.
- SEO skills – Understanding search engine optimization (SEO) to make content more discoverable to search engines and readers.
- Research skills – Conducting research to write accurate and informative content
- Analytics skills – Track and analyze the blog’s traffic and engagement rates using analytics tools.
Platforms Offering Blogging Jobs:
Several platforms offer blogging jobs for freelance writers. Here are a few:
How much a Blogger can earn?
A blogger’s income may depend on the platform they are using. Average blogger income may be $200+/month which depends on monetization strategies.
Over time, demand for high-quality content is ever increasing. A content writing job is a good choice for students who have good writing skills.
6. Freelance Content Writer
Some essential skills required for a content writing job include:
- Adaptability – Being able to adapt to different tones and styles of writing.
- Research – Being able to find and use credible sources to ensure accuracy.
- Originality – Being able to create unique content that stands out from other articles or blogs.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – Optimizing content for search engines using keywords
- Editing – Reviewing and revising content to ensure accuracy.
- Creativity – Being able to come up with new and engaging ideas.
Platforms Offering Content Writer Jobs:
How much a Freelance Content Writer can earn?
Earning of a Freelance Content Writer may depend on the platform they are using. An average earning of a Freelancer Content Writer can be $15-35/hour.
8. Freelance Copywriter
Copywriting is more like sales in written form. It involves having persuasive skills to persuade readers to take some action((e.g. purchase a product, sign up for a trial)
you can make good money as a copywriter by writing marketing materials like:
- Web pages
- Sales and landing pages
- Sales and marketing emails
- Social media ads and captions
- Product descriptions
Some of the essential skills required for a copywriting job include:
- Excellent writing skills: A good understanding of grammar, tone, style, format, and punctuation
- Creativity – the ability to come up with creative concepts.
- Proofreading and Editing – proofreading, and editing skills to catch and correct errors.
- Research – Ability to research and source information to craft effective content.
- Marketing knowledge: A good understanding of marketing principles and the target audience.
Platforms Offering Freelance Copywriter Jobs:
Here are some platforms that offer freelance copywriter jobs:
How much a Freelance Copywriter can earn?
A Freelance Copywriter can earn $25-$100+/hour depending on their skill level and the platform they are using.
7. Freelance Proofreader & Editor
If you have excellent grammar skills, you can make money online as a proofreader or editor. This job includes reading articles and editing those articles to produce rich content.
For freelance proofreaders and editors, some important skills include:
- Attention to detail – A keen eye to catch errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting.
- Strong language skills – Being able to use language correctly and effectively
- Familiarity with proofreading marks and editing symbols – Proofreading marks and editing symbols to identify errors and suggest corrections.
- Knowledge of style guides – Being able to use specific style guides, such as AP style for journalism or MLA for academic writing.
- Understanding of publishing and editorial processes – A basic understanding of publishing and editorial processes to give insight into clients’ needs.
Platforms Offering Freelance Proofreader & Editor Jobs:
Here are some platforms that offer Freelance Proofreader and Editor jobs:
How much a Freelance Proofreader and Editor can earn?
Freelance Proofreaders can earn $10-$30/hour but their earnings may depend on the platform they are using.
9. Search Engine Evaluator
A search engine evaluator improves the accuracy and relevance of search engine results. A college student having a research and analytical skills can apply for this job to help achieve this goal.
The skills required for a Search Engine Evaluator job may include:
- Analytical skills – The ability to analyze and evaluate search results effectively.
- Communication skills – Being able to communicate feedback to the search engine company.
- Attention to detail – being able to detect the nuances in search results.
- Computer skills – Familiarity with search engines, web browsers, and basic software applications.
- Problem-solving – Capable of troubleshooting issues and providing solutions.
- Research skills – the ability to conduct online research effectively.
Platforms Offering Search Engine Evaluator Jobs:
How much a Search Engine Evaluator can earn?
A Search Engine Evaluator can earn $25-$100+/hour depending on their skill level and the platform they are using.
10. Freelance Video Editor
Video editing is one of the most demanding jobs of the era. If you like to edit recorded videos then you can build your career as a video editor and earn a great amount by being creative in video editing.
Some of the necessary skills required to become a freelance video editor include:
- Proficiency in video editing software: A good proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve, etc.
- Creativity and storytelling: Being able to create a compelling and engaging story through video.
- Communication: Clear communication with clients, creative team, and collaborators.
- Sound editing: Comprehensive knowledge of mixing sound techniques to achieve the best quality.
Platforms Offering Freelance Video Editor jobs:
How much a Freelance Video Editor can earn?
A Freelance Video Editor can earn $20-$50/hour depending on their skill level in video editing.
11. Freelance Web Designer
Have a great design sense? If you look at things critically from a design point of view then you can make your career in web designing. This job can be quite interesting for students having good knowledge of design.
To be a successful freelance web designer, the following skills are essential:
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS: Mastery of HTML and CSS to create responsive websites.
- Graphic design skills – A designer’s ability to create visually appealing designs.
- UX/UI Design: Having user-experience knowledge to improve the usability of the website.
Platforms Offering Web Designer Jobs:
How much a Freelance Web Designer can earn?
A Freelance Web Designer can earn $30-$100+/hour depending on the platform they are using and the skill level they possess.
12. Freelance Graphic Designer
If you have a great interest in art, sketching, painting, and designs, then you can have a successful career in Graphic Designing. This job offers a great career path for people having good design sense.
To become a successful freelance graphic designer, below are some of the critical skills that can be very helpful:
- Proficiency in design software: Having good knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Understanding of designs: Good understanding of color theory, typography, composition, and design principles.
- Illustration skills: Strong illustration and image manipulation skills.
- Knowledge of design trends: knowledge of the latest design trends and best practices.
- Creative problem-solving skills: Skills to effectively communicate a client’s message.
Platforms Offering Freelance Graphic Designer Jobs:
How much a Freelance Web Designer can earn?
A graphic designer can earn $10-$35/hour depending on their skill level.
13. Freelance Social Media Manager
If you spend a lot of time on social media and have a good engagement strategy then you can utilize your time and engagement tactics to become a social media manager.
To become a successful social media manager, several key skills are important:
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with their audience.
- Copywriting – Copywriting skills to craft compelling captions and messages.
- Creativity – Being able to bring new ideas to the table that helps the brand stand out from the competition.
- Marketing strategy – Marketing concepts and strategies to create campaigns.
- Analytics – Skills in analyzing data and interpreting metrics to measure the performance
- Customer care – Being able to handle customer queries and feedback.
Platforms Offering Freelance Social Media Manager Job:
How much a Freelance Social Media Manager can earn?
A Freelance Social Media Manager can earn around $20-$30/hour depending on the platform they are using.
One of the most popular ways to make money is becoming YouTuber. If you have this ability to create engaging, entertaining, and informative content, then you can have a successful career on YouTube.
To become a successful YouTuber, several key skills are important:
- Video production: Being able to create high-quality videos that engage the audience.
- Video editing: Basic knowledge of video editing to add effects, transitions, music, captions, and optimize videos for YouTube.
- Content creation: Having the ability to create content that is relevant, informative, and entertaining.
- Communication: Strong communication skills to interact with the audience.
- SEO: Search engine optimization skills to optimize your videos for YouTube.
- Social media skills: Basic social media skills to promote your content.
How much a Youtuber can earn?
A Youtuber can earn $3-$5 per 1,000 video views.
15. Social Media Influencer / Brand Ambassador
Brand Ambassadors promote a company’s product. They should have a knack for engaging the audience. Students can become Brand ambassadors by sharing original content and running giveaways. A strong social media presence is important to become a Brand Ambassador.
The skills required for a Social Media Influencer / Brand Ambassador job vary depending on the specific position and company. Some of the skills that may be required include:
- Social media management: Knowledge of various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Marketing skills: Understanding of marketing and promotional strategies.
- Communication skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to engage with followers on social media.
- Networking skills: The ability to establish relationships with industry contacts, other influencers, and potential sponsors.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with creative and engaging ways to promote a brand or product.
- Analytical skills: The ability to analyze social media metrics and use data to optimize marketing strategies.
- Personal branding: The ability to create and maintain a strong personal brand.
How much a Social Media Influencer can earn?
Earning of a Social Media Influencer depends on the brand and products they promote.
16. Voiceover Artist
Have a pleasant voice and know how to use recording software? You can become a Voiceover Artist and can make extra cash out of it.
The following are some important skills required for becoming a successful voice-over artist:
- Good speaking voice: A pleasant and clear speaking voice with good pronunciation, tone, and intonation.
- Acting Skills: The ability to convey emotions and act with their voice.
- Versatility: Being able to adapt to different character types, styles, and genres.
- Script reading: The ability to read and interpret scripts accurately and effectively.
- Breath control: Having excellent breath control to speak for extended periods without sounding strained.
- Recording equipment knowledge: Basic knowledge of audio equipment and sound recording techniques.
Platforms Offering Voiceover Artist Job:
How much a Voiceover Artist can earn?
A Voiceover Artist can earn $10-$30/hour depending on the skill level and platform they are using.
17. Audio Transcriber
To become a Transcriber, you don’t have to have an experience. All you have to do is get yourself a gadget, headphones, and a reliable internet connection.
Some of the important skills required for an Audio Transcriber job include:
- Active listening: Having good listening skills to accurately transcribe audio recordings.
- Typing speed and accuracy: Fast typing skills, with high accuracy, to transcribe audio recordings promptly.
- Language proficiency: A good command of the language of the audio recording, with knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Time management: Being able to manage time efficiently and adhere to deadlines, as transcription work is typically time-sensitive.
- Accuracy of transcripts: Must be able to produce accurate transcripts that capture all the content of the audio recording.
Platforms Offering Audio Transcriber Job:
How Much an Audio Transcriber Can Earn?
Audio Transcriber can earn $15-$25/hour depending on the platform they are using.
18. Stock Photographer
If you have photography skills that can attract viewers then you can use this skill to make money. Nowadays, many platforms offer selling photos online.
Some of the skills required for a Stock Photographer job might include:
- Photography skills: Strong photographic skills that include understanding lighting, composition, and how to use different types of equipment.
- Technical skills: Good technical skills for working with cameras and editing software.
- Creativity: Ability to be creative and come up with unique photo ideas.
- Business acumen: Having business skills such as marketing, networking, and communication.
- Attention to detail: A keen eye for detail to ensure photos are of high quality and meet the requirements for stock photo websites.
- Understanding of licensing and copyright laws: Knowledge of licensing laws and copyright to protect your intellectual property and avoid legal issues.
Where to sell your photos:
How much does a Stock Photographer typically make?
A Stock Photographer can earn $1-$20 per photo.
19. Website and App Tester
If you have skills to find bugs and issues in websites and apps then you can become a good website and app tester. Companies will pay you for testing their apps and websites.
Some of the skills required for a Website Tester job may include:
- Testing experience: Having some experience with testing various types of software, such as manual testing, automated testing, and exploratory testing.
- Attention to detail: Detail-oriented and able to spot any errors or glitches on websites that they’re testing.
- Understanding of web design concepts: Knowledge of web design basics such as usability, accessibility, and user experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: Being able to think critically and analytically to identify bugs and issues.
Platform offering Website and App Tester jobs:
How many websites and App testers can typically make?
Website and App Tester can earn $10-$15 per test.
20. Remote Customer Service Agent
Have good communication skills? You can become a remote customer agent if you love to communicate with people and try to help others. The company will pay you for your remote customer agent services.
Some of the important skills required for a Remote Customer Service Agent job may include:
- communication skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to engage with customers.
- active listening: Having good listening skills to accurately listen to customers.
- problem-solving skills: Skills to solve problems and handle customers.
- technical proficiency and the industry: Having good knowledge of remote communication tools, such as chat, video conferencing, and email.
Where to find Remote Customer Agent jobs:
How much Remote Customer Agent can typically make?
A Customer Agent can make $5-$20/hour depending on the platform they are using.
21. Data Entry Clerk
In this data-driven world, Businesses need many people to organize and input data and information. If you have great typing skills then you can become a Data Entry Clerk.
Here are some key skills required for a data entry clerk job:
- Typing Speed and Accuracy: Must be proficient in typing with a high degree of accuracy.
- Attention to Detail: Paying close attention to detail is crucial in data entry.
- Organization Skills: Being able to handle large amounts of data, files, or documents.
- Time Management: Effective time management skills to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain productivity.
- Computer Proficiency: Proficiency in using spreadsheets, databases, and other relevant software is essential.
Platforms Offering Data Entry Clerk Jobs:
How much you can typically make?
A Data Entry Clerk can earn $8-$15/hour depending on the platform they are using and the skillset they possess.
22. Online Course Creator
If you have a good command of some subject, you would like to share that knowledge with your juniors or another student. You can become an online course creator and make good money out of it.
Here are some key skills required for an online course creator job:
- Subject Matter Expertise: Having expertise in the subject you are teaching.
- Instructional Design: The ability to design effective instructional materials and learning experiences.
- Content Creation: Possess strong content creation skills which include creating engaging text, visuals, multimedia, and interactive elements to deliver the course content effectively.
- Technology Proficiency: Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS), video conferencing software, content authoring tools, and other e-learning platforms.
- Multimedia Skills: Incorporating multimedia elements such as videos, audio clips, images, and interactive quizzes enhances to learn experience.
- Communication Skills: Being able to explain complex concepts concisely and understandably.
How much Online Course Creator can typically earn?
Online Course Creator’s earning depends on the course and profit margin.
23. Product Tester
Love trying new products? Then this job is the best fit for you. You can test the products and provide feedback to the company and companies are going to pay you for this.
Here are some key skills required for a product tester job:
- Attention to Detail: Being able to pay close attention to detail to thoroughly evaluate products.
- Analytical Skills: Possess strong analytical skills to assess and interpret test results.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills to accurately document their findings, write reports, and provide feedback to the product development team.
- Technical Aptitude: Depending on the type of products being tested, having technical aptitude can be important.
- Problem-Solving: Being able to think critically, troubleshoot problems, and propose solutions.
Platforms Offering Product Tester Jobs:
How much Product Tester typically make?
A Product Tester can make up to $3-$500 per month depending on their skill level.
24. Amazon Seller
If you have this entrepreneurial mindset, then you can become an Amazon Seller. You can learn about How to make money on Amazon.
Here are some key skills required for an Amazon seller job:
- E-commerce Knowledge: Understanding the fundamentals of e-commerce, including marketplace dynamics, consumer behavior, and online marketing strategies.
- Product Research and Selection: Being able to identify profitable product opportunities.
- Product Listing Optimization: Creating compelling and optimized product listings.
- Inventory Management: Efficiently managing inventory to meet customer demand and avoid stockouts or overstock situations.
- Pricing and Profitability Analysis: Understanding pricing strategies and conducting profitability analysis.
- Marketing and Advertising: Promoting products effectively on Amazon such as Amazon Sponsored Products or Amazon PPC campaigns.
How much an Amazon Seller can earn?
The earning of an Amazon Seller depends on the product margin of what they sell.
26. Freelance Market Researcher
Market research can be a very interesting and rewarding job. This job involves conducting surveys and collecting information about people’s opinions and behavior.
Here are some key skills required for a freelance market researcher job:
- Research Skills: Strong research skills that include the ability to gather and analyze relevant data and identify reliable sources of information.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in data analysis to extract insights and draw meaningful conclusions from collected data.
- Market Research Techniques: Familiarity with various market research techniques and methodologies.
- Critical Thinking: Strong critical thinking skills to evaluate information objectively, identify trends, and make informed recommendations based on research findings.
Platforms Offering Freelance Market Researcher Jobs:
How much you can typically make?
A Freelance Market Researcher can earn up to $5-$30/hour.
Video gaming is no more about entertainment now! If you have an interest in gaming and have great skills in video gaming, you can make good money in a gaming career.
Here are some key skills required for a gamer:
- Hand-eye Coordination: Having good hand-eye coordination for precise control and quick reactions in gaming.
- Reflexes: Quick reflexes for reacting swiftly to in-game situations, such as enemy attacks or unexpected events.
- Strategy and Planning: The ability to analyze the game environment, anticipate opponents’ moves, and formulate effective strategies.
- Problem-Solving: Being able to analyze complex situations, identify patterns, and find solutions.
- Perseverance and Resilience: Having perseverance and resilience to keep trying, learn from failures, and persist until you achieve your goals.
- Communication and Collaboration: Being able to communicate clearly, coordinate strategies in multi-player games.
Platforms Offering Gaming Jobs:
How much a Gamer can typically earn?
A Gamer can earn up to $15-$100 per month depending on their skills.
27. Freelance Computer Programmer / Developer
Have an interest in coding? You can build a great career in programming if you have an interest and knowledge in coding or programming.
Here are some key skills required for this job:
- Technical Aptitude: Having a solid technical foundation and a good understanding of computer systems, software development principles, algorithms, data structures, and databases.
- Software Development Lifecycle: Familiarity with the software development lifecycle such as understanding requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Version Control: Proficiency in using version control systems, such as Git, for collaboration with other developers and to manage code repositories effectively.
Platforms Offering Freelance Computer Programmer jobs:
How much Freelance Computer Programmer can typically earn?
A Freelance Computer Programmer can earn $50-$100/hour depending on their skill set.
In conclusion, choosing one of these online job options depends on your interest and knowledge about the specific field. After reading through the details and skills required, you can choose the best job fit for you! Learning skills related to a specific job area is crucial as your level of skillset decides your income. Try to learn tactics and skills that can help you master your job. Moreover, remember that consistency is highly valuable while adapting to some job. It means that try to stay consistent and keep doing hard work, as they say that hard work pays off!